Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are very pleased to bring you an interview with the talented musical artist, Scarlett Cook.
1. How did you get started out?
I had the foundation of music and learning the piano from a very young age but I felt more resonance with a lot of heavy guitar driven bands. They inspired me to write, heavy dark dissonant sounds and I did that on guitar for a little while, but with a longer background, it eventually transpired on the piano more effectively.
2. How would you describe your sound?
Heavy melodic dark dissonant piano with raw & ethereal vocals.
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
Nirvana, Hole, Tool, Tori Amos, Chopin, Opeth, Philip Glass, Marilyn Manson.
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
Having film clips and being able to put across the visual concepts of music has helped. But then perhaps people don’t buy what they listen to when it’s there for free.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
Seeing other bands, Being in Nature, Wine, Mountain Biking, Running, Mediation, Comedy.
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
Releasing a full length album and playing with a full band. Playing around Australia, the US and Europe.
We’d like to thank Scarlett Cook for taking the time to speak with us. You can find out much more about her work by checking out her website & Facebook Page. You can also listen/pick up some of her music via Bandcamp.